Activities and excursions in Basel
Top 9 activities
Do as the people of Basel do and discover for yourself why it’s so fun.
Things to do in Basel
Good to know.
On a special adventure tour, children get to explore the city in a playful way.
Haven’t found the right thing yet? Click here for more ideas for family excursions.
- Walk through the Old Town
- Swim in the Rhine
- Discover works of digital art with the ARTour app
- Book a guided tour of Roche’s Building 2
- Discover top-class architecture on the Novartis Campus
- Visit the Botanical Garden of the University of Basel
- Visit the Lange Erlen Animal Park
- Explore the city on a run
- Visit the Merian Gardens and the Mühlemuseum
- The Cathedral (Münster) and Town Hall are free to visit during the opening times
- Enjoy a Kneipp bath on the Rhine
- Visit the Pfalz
- Visit the Foyer Public
Admission to most Basel museums is free for children and young people under 16 years of age. Adults can visit many museums in the evening on weekdays and on the first Sunday of the month free of charge.