Conditions of entry for competitions
Natural persons aged 18 or over are eligible to enter. Employees of Basel Tourism and partners are not eligible. Entrants may participate just once. Winners will be notified either verbally, in writing by e-mail or by post. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition. The prize cannot be paid out in cash, it must be received by the winner in person and cannot be transferred to a third party. The judge's decision is final. Entry in the prize draw takes place independently of any product order or purchase. The deadline for entering will be announced in connection with the relevant competition. By entering the competition with a picture, video or text entry, you agree to Basel Tourism publishing the submitted entry including your name.
1. Participation in our competitions is free and voluntary. The chances of winning are not influenced by using a service and/or making a purchase. Basel Tourism, Aeschenvorstadt 36, 4010 Basel, is responsible for collecting and processing any personal data you provide in connection with any competition.
2. The duration of our competitions is stated in the respective information provided for each competition. Different prizes and drawing methods may be used for our competitions. The relevant details on our drawing process and the chances of winning can be found in the information provided for the respective competition on our competition pages. By registering to take part, participants confirm their consent to these terms and conditions of participation.
3. The respective prizes and the competition process are described in greater detail on the corresponding competition pages.
4. The winners will be chosen and contacted within fourteen working days after the end of the competition. If a winner cannot be reached or does not contact Basel Tourism within seven calendar days after being informed that they have won, Basel Tourism reserves the right to draw another winner.
5. Persons of legal age and capacity are entitled to participate. Participation creates no legal right or obligation, to the extent permitted by law. There is no recourse to legal action. Multiple entries and entries by employees of Basel Tourism or its partners will not be accepted. Prizes are non-transferable and will not be paid in cash. No correspondence will be entered into in connection with the competition. Basel Tourism reserves the right to exclude participants from a competition, delete multiple entries or end the competition if there are any discrepancies or suspicions of technical manipulation.
6. Travel prizes are always arranged directly between the winner and the respective competition partner, any warranty or liability of Basel Tourism shall be excluded. Travel to and from the departure point of journeys (airport, railway station, etc.) is at the expense of the winner, unless otherwise stated in the competition information. The same applies for any costs incurred during the holiday (minibar, etc.) The winner and their companion are each responsible for ensuring that they have everything required for the trip, especially valid travel documents. Any taxes, fees or levies incurred in connection with the prize must be borne by the winner (with the exception of shipping costs, customs duties or import VAT).
7. To the extent permitted by law, Basel Tourism shall accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever in connection with its competitions, the organisation or redemption of prizes. In particular, Basel Tourism shall not be liable for technical breakdowns of the competition pages, including any network server or hardware errors, viruses, bugs, programming errors or other communication errors outside its direct control.
8. Facebook is not commercially or legally involved in these competitions, even if a competition is advertised and shared on our Facebook page and if certain activities in connection with the main prize take place on Facebook. The organiser of competitions is exclusively Basel Tourism in each case. Any questions relating to the competition should be addressed to Basel Tourism ([email protected]) By entering one of our competitions and therefore accepting the terms and conditions of participation, entrants exempt Facebook from any liability and responsibility in connection with the competition.
9. When completing the registration form for participation in the respective prize draw, entrants are prompted to submit certain personal data that will be sent to Switzerland (title, first name, last name, country of residence, email address). Basel Tourism reserves the right to contact entrants in connection with the respective competition. This personal data will then be stored in Switzerland and used for participation in the competition Entrants’ personal data will only be transferred to third parties insofar as this is required for processing the competition and the winner. Basel Tourism will make every effort to ensure that third parties only handle personal data as would be permitted for Basel Tourism. In case of questions relating to the handling of personal data, entrants should contact Basel Tourism ([email protected]).
10. Basel Tourism is entitled to send electronic newsletters to the e-mail addresses of those participants who explicitly agree to this when they enter the competition. They can unsubscribe to newsletters at any time either by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter e-mail in question.
11. These terms and conditions of participation can be requested by post and as a hard copy at any time by emailing a request to [email protected].
12. Competitions shall be governed by Swiss law. For any disputesin conjunction with a specific competition or terms and conditions of participation, the courts of Basel shall have exclusive jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the above, any mandatory protective regulations for consumers residing in Germany shall remain unaffected. Accordingly, any mandatory protective regulations applicable for consumers residing in other EU countries shall also remain unaffected.
13. In entering the competition, the user accepts these conditions of entry.