Weisses und Blaues Haus,
These former residences on Rheinsprung were purchased by the municipality of BaselCity in 1942 and 1968 and today are used by the Department of Commerce, Social Affairs and the Environment.
Official content of
The Blue and White Houses, also known as Wendelstörferhof and Reichensteinerhof, were built between 1763 and 1775 by architect Samuel Werenfels as residential and business houses for silk ribbon manufacturers Lukas and Jakob Sarasin. One noticeable peculiarity immediately obvious to passers-by is the lead masks above the windows of the ground floor, which are meant to represent the four seasons.