Universitätsspital und Frauenklinik,
The two neighbouring buildings bring together architectural history and modernity: Klinikum 1 was built in 1945 under the direction of Hermann Baur, while the Women's Health Clinic was created much later in 2003 by Silvia Gmür and Livio Vacchini.
Official content of
Klinikum 1 is one of the oldest large hospitals in Switzerland and is considered a modern classic. The striking glass façade of the Women's Health Clinic is a particular highlight. Spitalstrasse is also home to the avant-garde Institute for Hospital Pharmaceuticals, which was designed by Herzog & de Meuron.