This FoodTour will take you to places that are a little bit different. The tour, which lasts around three hours, will take you away from the usual tourist attractions and give you the opportunity to get to know “iconic Basel” – and enjoy it slowly. You will visit five establishments in total. They all do things their own way. And are sure to win you over. Their concepts are different and this is precisely why locals love them. You’ll be surprised at the delicious foods awaiting you. It’s worth allowing enough time, and it wouldn’t hurt to skip breakfast either.
"E guete" - enjoy!
Tip: Starting before 11 am means you will arrive on time for lunch at the KLARA food court, where you can look forward to delicious lunchtime snacks (until 2 pm).
• This tour is available from Tuesday to Saturday and is intended for the daytime.
• This is a self-guided tour without a guide that you can enjoy by yourself on foot. We recommend comfortable shoes.
• The best way to reach the starting point at the Bäckerei KULT (bakery) in St. Johann (Elsässerstrasse 43) is by taking tram number 11 towards St-Louis Grenze and getting off at the “Mülhauserstrasse” stop.
• In the Bäckerei KULT, show your booking confirmation/voucher or show the sales staff your e-mail confirmation.
• If you are unable to take the tour (or visit individual establishments) on the day you planned, you may choose a different day. If you do this, please be sure to note the availability dates: The tour cannot be taken on Mondays, Sundays or public holidays. Please also note any holidays at the establishments (see under availability).
Language: German, English
Period: Between 9 am and 6 pm We recommend you start at 11 am, as KLARA does not serve hot food between 2 and 6 pm.
Duration: At least 3 hours (self-guided)
Distance: 2.7 kilometers
Bring: Print-out or e-mail of booking confirmation/voucher
Starting point: Bäckerei KULT in St. Johann, Elsässerstrasse 43, 4056 Basel. You must present your booking confirmation/voucher here.
End point: HEJKØH, Spalenberg 15, 4051 Basel
Note on Covid-19 protective measures
Owing to safety regulations to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, you may encounter admission restrictions, waiting times or other requirements. We thank you for your understanding and will be pleased to help you with any questions or if anything is unclear.